Overview of the billing process
- We receive information from your surgeon advising that you have been booked for surgery and the anaesthetist who will be looking after you on that day.
- We contact you via SMS, email or post with information about your anaesthetic that includes the Informed Financial Consent (IFC). The IFC includes an estimate of the total anaesthetic fee, your rebates from Medicare and private health insurance (if applicable) and your estimated out of pocket expenses. This is based on information provided by your surgeon regarding the type of procedure you are having, the complexity and duration of the anaesthesia.
- We ask that you view and accept the IFC confirming your health fund and level of cover (if any), and then return it to our rooms by any of the below methods. If you have any questions or concerns about your IFC, please contact the office (ph. 03 5222 3500) to discuss these further.
After your surgery you will receive an invoice for the services provided by the anaesthetist.
- Following the links in the SMS sent to you
- Mailing to the office at Suite 5, Level 2, 83 Myers St, Geelong 3220
- Faxing to the office on 03 5222 4044
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- Hand delivering to the office at Suite 5, Level 2, 83 Myers St Geelong
- Handing direct to your anaesthetist on the day of your procedure